Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sportfish

gps mapping

6 posts in this topic

Is there a good mapping chip for a GPS that will show public land boundarys for out west, mainly wyoming...I have a H2O...

I'm mildly impressed with MapCreate 6.2 or 6.3?

Delorme has great mapping software and now sells a GPS that will hold all of their map products, Arial, USGS, Sat. The screen on their GPS is kinda small and overall the unit hasn't impressed me for navigation. However the ability to view all the maps while in the field is pretty cool. Also fun to play with at home on the computer.

Quote:

I'm mildly impressed with MapCreate 6.2 or 6.3?

Definitely Mapcreate.

what does map create do? Show the land elevations? or roads and citys?

It shows citys and all the roads and a lot of public lands. It has elevations but aren't very useful on a gps size screen. The roads aren't always up to date. Doesn't show all the logging trails but isn't too bad. I guess I haven't seen anything better yet out there. Also has business's in it. Kind of nice when traveling to do a search to find nearest restraunt or gas station and be told where it is. Or I use it to find a specific address too.