Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
folke2000

Merc 115 tilt trim question?

8 posts in this topic

I have and older (1979) Mercury 115 in line 6 with tilt and trim. When I push the tilt trim I just hear a click at the solenoid. Replaced the solenoid and still the click? Does anyone have any ideas for the mechanically challenged?

Thanks

My TT quit working on my 75 merc. I had the clicking but no lifting. I took the whole thing apart and found the pump had little pieces of plastic in the springs. The plastic was from the fill plug. Once everything was cleaned up and back together... worked great.

Good Luck,

NIck

With your onboard trim pump I'd say you have stuck brushes in the trim motor. Take the motor off and take it to an electric repair shop or to your marine dealer to fix. Or just buy an operating pump from someone and switch it out. That may be a cheaper alternative. I have one I'd sell reasonable and I'm sure Valv and others do also.

Thanks for the suggestions....I'll pull the electric motor and see if I can get it rebuilt.

Thanks again

Bruce

Once you have the motor pulled ... check it to see if the shaft is turning in both directions when you engage tilt up and down. If it's still turning,,, it's something else.

Nick

Thanks Archer59 and all others. I am such a knot head when it comes to motors, I will take any and all advise.

Bruce

iffy was helping me with my TT not to long ago. Great guy.

Good Luck,

Nick

pulled the electric motor out, and brought it to a repairman today. Great guy says he'll try and get it back in a day, so I can have the boat for the weekend. Now if I only remember where all the wires hook up to??????? Thanks for all the help here, it really is a fantastic site.

Bruce