Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sgtpepper1048

north metro fishing

7 posts in this topic

Hey I'm going to be in Blaine this weekend for a soccer tournament and was wondering where are some good places to check out? anything within the general area would be helpful

If you like panfish you could head up HWY 65 to Ham Lake, they have a dock at the boat launch would take you less than 10 minutes to get there. Other than that you have Centerville and Peltier which is east on 242 about a 15 minute drive. Its going to be nuts around the Sportcenter, I work right behind it and this tournement brings in HUGE crowds.

What do you want to catch?

There are alot of lakes in the area. Maybe Coon? The River too.

Thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking about trying the river, but maybe I'll try the Ham Lake area also. It sucks because I'm going to be so limited on time.

If you are shore fishing try the bridges in the lakes development on Radisson rd north of where you are. The crappies sunnys and bass are always biting. Not big but fun

You would probably be better off at the Coon Rapids dam area than Ham Lake. Bottom rig a crawler for some good rough fish action! At Ham Lake, yes the fishing pier is nice, and there is a chance at bass or northern there from the pier, but it's mostly 4-5" sunnies. Plus, the pier is always packed at Ham Lake (the 2 times I've been there this year), lots of room to spread out at the CR Dam. There is a $5 fee to get into the park at the dam.