Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ndfishinmn

Any advice on Star?

5 posts in this topic

I'm heading to Star this weekend, going to be in the west arm for a bit, that's where we're staying. Want to pre-fish this weekend to get used to the lake as I'm staying for a week on the main part of the lake in mid-August. Any pointers on spots to hit or presentation. Mostly looking for some eyes or bass I guess.

no clue on the eyes, but i fished for bass this last weekend..I mainly fished the west arm but did not have great success..the wild rice is horrible to try and get anything thru it..I have heard that the fish do move in there late summer..I caught a couple on a weedless worm..my best luck came on an x-rap working it from just outside the weedline..or working it just paralell with the weeds also..I have heard the south arm can be better..also some guys fished deeper humps with a jig and pig and did quite well.

thanks for the tip on the bass, I'll see what happens this weekend. Yeah, my uncle said there's a couple sunken islands toward mid lake that might produce an eye, I'll try a few things, maybe a lindy, cranks or just jiggin' out there for a bit and see how it goes.

Was there a few weeks back for ½ a day. Used lindy rig and leech. Try the mid lake humps and the island towards the east. Can be hit or miss. Seemed to pick more small northerns that day. Walleyes were biting lite. Let us know how you do.

Well, we did ok but not great. Could not find any walleyes, slow in that category from everybody I spoke with out there. Did catch about a dozen northerns during the day and then found some nice sunnies out by midlake island that were suspended in 20ft and also got a few nice bass in the same spot, fun to catch.