Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dragon81

Sunfish

7 posts in this topic

Any good spots anyone would like to give up for keeper sunfish. Would like to get out with my new light rod and try keep a few and release a lot. THANKS

Crystal Lake West of Vergas

I have been doing very well on Big Floyd. I go out to the bar that runs from the NW. Anchor along the weed edge in 11-12 feet of water. Lots of 8-9 inch sunnies and a few crappies to boot. Plane plastic bodied jig....

Lots of nice sunfish being caught on Ida

Paceman, are you just casting out or bobber fishing with the jigs, I guess when I go I usually just bobber it up with a night crawler or grub. Thanks for any advice

dragon81 send me an email: If you are looking to just catch a bunch and weed through some small ones to get to some nice ones (7-9") with an occasional 10"... I would be willing to share a spot....I have been out there the past few nights with a light rod and 2lb' line...I've been having a blast! Haven't kept any yet, but it sure is fun! Picked up a couple of bass that provided some entertainment and a couple of snot rockets that provided a lost jig, but other than that it's been fun!

DLOUTDOORS,

I guess I have never tried to email anyone on here and I have been trying, could you let me know how to do that or find your email, I will also post a similar message to this on the site, Yeah I am just wanting to catch a few and take some buddies out that dont fish much in the summer. I rarely keep many fish in the summer either. Just for the fun. THANKS