• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

weather change

comming up to gods country sat thru wed. has the cold front changed the patterns going up there? fishing american side,staying in black bay and will fish from there east. also want to try for smallies, shorelines or reefs and how deep? thanks for any tips!

ikatcher,

I am a little confused by the last part of your post. Are you inquiring if you should look for smallies on the reefs? or Shorelines?

The front haven't changed much. The walleyes still can be found on reefs and shorelines in 20-30' of water. Jig and a minnow or a lindy with a leech/crawler are producing fish.

As for your smallies I would focus on some reefs closer to shoreline structure, but a better bet would be the rock piles out in front of Lost, Cranberry, and Dove bay. You should be able to find a few off of Dryweed too. Plastics are working better that hardbaits right now. I prefer to go with an X-Rap if they are hitting hardbaits, but Senkos and Tubes are what I have been using recently.

Take Care and Good Luck Fishing!

thanks for the info! i've been doing a mid summer trip to rainy for the past 7 yrs and have had no problem catching walleyes and northerns, but never have figured out the smallies.. we get a few nice ones each yr when fishing on the reefs. but when we've targeted them all we ever have got are dinks up on top of the reefs. is anybody trolling over the deep water ( 50-100 fow) with cranks yet for walleyes or pike? thanks again for the info, you guys are the best!!!!!!! we will stop in when we get up!