Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShannonH

Laura lake

4 posts in this topic

So I was checking out the Minnesota DNR website and I came across lake Laura located in Redwood County park...and I haven't heard much about this lake..I was wondering if any one really fishes it or if some decent fish can be caught there...thanks a bunch

Lake Laura is a small man made flood control reservoir located by Walnut Grove. It has a nice swim beach but I really couldn't tell you how the fishing is. Same type of "lake" as Shoper-Bush (north of Jeffers) and Wellner-Hageman (west of Comfrey) reservoirs. I have fished Wellner-Hageman with some success and heard it was pretty good for walleye earlier this year.

there are fish there but you have 2 work for them.. big pike and a few nice bass.. also big crappies if ya can find em

There is no boat landing at Lake Laura. If you have a canoe, you could drive around to the north side and drop it in. I;ve heard there are nice bass in here. I fished from shore last summer a couple times and caught real nice sunnies, a few small crappies and some small perch. I think the lake has potential, just tough to fish.