Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HavocTec

Deer hang in Garage.

4 posts in this topic

Wondering what everyone does for a hang. I helped a friend build his garage and he used non-weight bearing rafters.Can a person span 3 to 4 rafters and drop a chain down to hook a pully to, so it can be used with a wheeler winch? Any help would be great, thanks.

That's what i do in my pole barn and it works great!

Did the same in my garage. I slid a landscaping timber (4" diameter green treated) across my rafters and hung chains off it. Very sturdy. I had 4 big deer hanging on it last year with no problem.

My garage is finished, so it was trickier. I installed some pieces between two rafters & put an eye bolt into them. I didn't want to split a rafter. I did two of those about 6' apart & then got a metal rod to run through the eyebolts, bent on one end with a hole & a clip on the other end. I put my hoist pulley right on that. I'm thinking about adding a couple more eyebolts just to take some of the flex out of the rod.