Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Capt.Blaine

How was the bite today 7/7?

12 posts in this topic

Heading out in the morning, just wondering how the bite was today?

Thanks

Slow fished 7 mile & Seguchie was out from 5:30 till 1:00 caught 3 keepers and 5 throw backs. We caught fish but it was pretty slow we did much better on Thursday. Less hours and caught around 15 fish with 2 slots.

The fishing has slowed for me from what it has been, but still definitely worth the trip. 2 guys caught about 12 fish, 4 slots in a half days worth. I would recommend getting away from all the boats. Was by a lot of boats with nothing going, and didnt start catching til we found our own spot.

Thanks for the info guys, I'll post a report when we get back.

Fished Sat. from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. on the mud. There were 3 of us and we trolled cranks using lead core from 5 to 7:30 an we boated a 22". Switched to slip bobbers and leeches from 7:30 to 10 and proceeded to catch 27", 3-26", 24", and a keeper 15". Most fish were caught right towards dark around 9:00. Beautiful day on the lake with a slight breeze and didn't feel like 95 degrees.

3 of us caught 18 fish on the mud. 5 fish from 26-27 1/4". 3 keepers. Find the right color combo and the bite can go from non-existent too very consistent. Leeches and crawlers on lindys and slips bobber.

We fished Blue Jug flat. We caught 12. No fish in the slot. Fish were in the 22-26 1/2 " range.

Caught fish on both leeches & crawlers. 10 ft snells, chart hook and single chart bead. grin.gif Seems like the last two trips (6/29 and yesterday, the chart hooks produced and the red has hooks have not been as productive. I've heard of people doing well over the last week using orange hooks also.

We also found that the red hook wasn't producing for us on Sat. One guy caught the first 4 fish on a chart. hook and orange bead. Once we all used those colors, we all started catching fish. Worked 7 and 8 mile and caught 12 fish, biggest 27" and two under 20".

I guess it pays off to have everyone in the boat trying something different as far as colors go. grin.gif Way to go!!!!

Well it was slow for us, we fished for about 6 hours and only landed 6 fish. All in the 22-26 range.

Fished today 07-09 0700-1400 and did not do very well, but didn't really give 'er the best effort. One of those days where just about everything goes wrong. landed 4 all 22-26 inchs. I found them on the top edges of the flats. 1 on spinner/crawler 3 on lindy/leech.

Matt

If you get up there soon, try orange, or chart hooks.