Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wallyhunter66

HEY FRENCH LAKE KID.............

8 posts in this topic

I was wondering if you had a little info on the muskie bite on french? If you dont want to reply on here just drop me an e-mail at wallyhunter66@yahoo.com any help you could provide would be great. I have never caught a muskie but have had a few follows and was thinking the rock pile on french looked pretty good but i have never been on the lake before so any tips you could give would be great. thanks alot Todd

The dreaded rock pile ;( watch your lower unit!

thanks for the heads up bunt2k. sounds like you have had a run in? i will be very careful around it. thanks again!!! Todd

Good Luck out there, I spent Thursday afternoon and evening on French casting, water clarity made it tough to see any follows, was marking some nice fish out a little deeper, but never tried trolling for them.

Bigeye, is that where you have been hiding? the last couple of times on jeff I havent seen your boat at the dock or on the water. you havent been missing a whole lot, well at least not anything consistant anyway. just a few here and there.

Just got back from French, water is still murky so we couldnt tell if we had any follows. We fished with bucktails and top water lures. Did have the local Rice county sherriff stop by and shoot the breeze though, he said they are biting and one of the local guys that lives on the lake just pulled in a 50 plus fish. Todd

Sry wallyhunter66 I've been fishing,working a lil, and at my dads, none of them have a computer. When I went to my g-ma to "work" I got up early to go fish a lil of of Hoy's dock with a sucker. Caught a 45" around 6:30 and sad story I dont know if she made it. You can read 'bout that under the muskie forum. After that I had 1 of my 3 suckers left and went to hook it and the slimey lil guy got out of my hands and into the lake. So my day ended early and my work also started early. I'll be out there 2sday through wedsnday possibly thursday. Then again this weekend. Next report will be the next time I find a computer or next monday or 2sday.

Hey Guppie Ya the boat sits in the garage most of the time frown.gif Our lift needs repair so we decided not to put it on their this year. Actually that was the first day of fishing since memorial day frown.gif I know it's been a tough year for getting out.