Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
got1

Lake Edna???

7 posts in this topic

I am going to be in Nisswa for a week mid-July at a resort on Lake Edna. I don't know much about the fishing on that lake at all. Any information would be helpful.

I am taking the little ones out and hope to make it memorable. I am willing to trailer the boat and travel 1/2 hour or so to catch fish for a day or even two though if Edna isn't producing.

Thanks for your help.

Not sure about Edna but if you are taking your boat, Hubert is right there is Nisswa as is Gull. North Long is a short drive and is a good lake for bass and northerns. huberts got nice smallies but what do you want to fish for? Walleyes will be tough this time of year but if you are willing to go after bass and northerns you should have your hands full.

I am open to bass and northerns. My dad and I never fished for them as a kid so I am a novice, but I have been gathering some bass gear and reading up on it to try.

Any particular techniques for the northerns you might recommend? All I know is to cast a big bad lure or to wrestle on a big sucker under a big bobber.

Try trolling some deeper running crankbaits in 12-20fow out in front of Fritz's resort and along the southeast side of the lake. The break is sort of steep and hard to follow, but after a few passes you should have it figured out. There is also a large shallow underwater point southeast of the channel going to Fawn lake. Cast spinnerbaits in 7-9fow along the edge of this area and you should find some bass and northerns.

a jig worm(mushroom jighead and palstic worm) or a weed weasel jig head tipped with a creek chub cast into the cabbage is vey hard to beat. you will have no problems getting either bass or northerns with those. Just cast them into the cabbage and let them sink to the bottom and jig and bounce them back to the boat. I caught a 11# northern and a 22" LMB doing this last summer on Gull.

This sounds good. I think I will try it. I need to get some worms and a spinner or two.

I will keep checking the fishing forecasts and I appreciate y'alls tips. Any help I can get is much appreciated.

By the way, that dropoff out in front of Fritz's, is it fairly easy to find. My electronics are not working. I am going old school.

Success! I caught several bass and a couple of Northerns with a Rapala "fish wisperer" and a plastic worm. I took my 5 yr old out and caught tons a sunnies, a few were even big enough to keep. I found out that the old beat up plastic worms work well for sunnies when cut into 1/4" pieces and put on a flu-flu (they stay on a lot better than a natural worm too).

I caught 3 bass in the 14-15" range and several smaller ones. I caught 2 northerns, each about 18".

Thanks for all the suggestions.