Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
morgan7c

Cass Lake This Weekend!

3 posts in this topic

I’ll be staying on the Cass Lake chain this weekend, I believe Big Rice Lake is where we’re at and I was wondering what the fishing has been like lately? We’ll be coming with a group of 6, including 3 women so I’m sure we’ll spend most of our time searching for panfish, any ideas? How long does it take to get from Big Rice to Cass Lake by boat? How has the Walleye fishing been? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I’ve been to Cass once about 3 years ago so my memory is real foggy. Have a nice day!

I rarely get up into big Rice... so I wouldn't be able to give you a fishing report. We fished it one day about this time last year and got a couple of dandy sunnies and a walleye.

It's a pretty decent run down into Cass... I'd say a half hour. You go from Big Rice, to Little Rice, down the Turtle River into Kitchi then Pug Hole and then into Cass.

Good Luck!

Ken

It seems like too long a ride from Cass to BigRice so we haven't made it yet...furthest we have been is LittleRice, but I vow to do so one of these years.

For Big Rice, I have heard it is a very good LMB lake and maybe some crappie too. In Little Rice we have hit some big gills once and there are snakers and LMB in there too.

Good luck.