Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tkettel

Sag

6 posts in this topic

Just curious how the fishing on Sag has been the last 10 days? My group fished Sag over the 22-25 of June and the bite was one of the worst ever for us. I saw a couple of Mayflies while on the lake. Is there a chance we caught the beginning of a Mayfly hatch? Otherwise, any other thoughts on the slow fishing on Sag? It seemed like everyone was struggling to catch eyes and couldn't keep the smallies off of the lines.

I fished Sag all day Friday. 30 to 40 smallies, no walleyes.

Oh man not that again. confused.gif

Gunflint I think those smallies must like that pink line. wink.gif

I talked to a guy that just got back and they cough a few on slip bobbers and leaches and the where big eyes. But no numbers shocked.gif.

Is there anything to the thought that the smallies are becoming dominant on Sag? A good friend of mine who has fished Sag for over 10 years thinks that may be exactly what is occuring. He says that the last couple of years have been terrible compared to the past. I know hawgs are coming out at a good rate, but has anyone brought home a nice stringer of eaters recently?

Quote:

I talked to a guy that just got back and they cough a few on slip bobbers and leaches and the where big eyes. But no numbers
shocked.gif

cough