Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishingforester

Frazer Bay (and surrounding) advice please

5 posts in this topic

I will be staying on Frazer Bay for a week starting on the 7th. I have never fished Vermillion before and was just looking for some general info for Frazer and the vicinity. We will be doing a multi-species attack(read 'anything that bites' wink.gif ) I will be trying for muskie quite a bit, but also will be looking for wally, smallie, pike and pannies. Not looking for spot on a spot, just general patterns regarding depth and/or structure for this time of year. Thanks a bunch!

Spinnerbaits, bucktails and topwaters work good for muskies and pike. Frasier bay has some huge muskies. I'd check the rock piles and wind blown areas. Most places with a buoy are worth trying. The middle section has some great weeds, and is a great area to try for pike and bass. Lots of bass in the slop too. Frasier bay also has some huge areas of expansive deep water. If you're struggling with fish on the reefs and shoreline, it could be worthwhile to locate some baitfish and try some open water trolling with big crankbaits. Make sure to be out there early morning and late evening. Night bite can be good as well. I'll be up there the same time, although I'll be over on the west side. Good luck.

Thanks Tim!

Another spot to try is out of Frazer Bay ond over to Daisy Bay. There is an island there called Banana Island. Try throwing in there for muskie and pike. There are also a few other islands right in that area to try. Black bucktail with orange blade is a good bait to start with.

Thanks nitroant, I will have to give that area a try. Hopefully I will have some stories to share when I get back. One thing for sure: I won't be working cool.gif