Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hamrej23

Dog Problems

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, maybe you could help me out.

My dog who is 3 years old recently has been puking up blood, this has happend on thre different occasions, of course I brought him to the vet and she said the only thing to do was to bring him to souix falls to have him evaluated by sticking a tube down his mouth and seeing if there is anything wrong with him.... He is overall happy and has no signs of anything else wrong with him...

has any one else had this happpen b4?

thanks

Either take him to Souix Falls or get a second opinion from a different vet.

IMO you need figure out what is going on asap...

Any blood in his stools (bright or dark blood)?

no, no blood there I guess

Well....my thoughts are still the same. I would still get him checked out asap. IMO it's your responsibility as the dogs owner/care taker to make sure nothing is wrong with him. It's always going to cost money/time to do this but it's being responsible.

Might turn out to be nothing....but I would sure be upset if it turned out to be very significant and your buddy is no longer around because you chose to hold of on getting it diagnosed.

Vomiting blood can have multiple causes. Ulcers, parasites, foreign bodies, etc. Endoscopy (sticking a tube into the stomach and first part of the small intestine) is a great way to determine what is occurring. Relate it to yourself. If you start vomiting blood, you would probably be a little concerned. The same concern has to be passed onto your dog. Definitely consider going to someone who has endoscopy.