Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinpapa

Night fishing "I hate it!!"

2 posts in this topic

Where do you fish on leech during the day for walleyes. Or is there really not a day bite, unlike winnie. Have a place in Steamboat bay. I'm tired of fishing from 8pm until 11pm. Any suggestions!

There are fish to be caught during the day. I saw you mentioned sand point in another thread, this of cource is an evening thing but during day light. The area that runs west to the landing from sand point holds fish, you just have to find them. There are some good weeds runnig out 13 to 15 ft of water about half way from to the landing. Lindy rigs with leechs or crawlers should work. you can also run shad raps but you run into pike and muskie so hold on to your rod!! This area alwasy holds fish but can be very good with a south or south east wind.

As for the sand point thing, I am not a fan of fishing the floatila but they are fishing an area of flat sand that is surounded by weeds. My expirence has been if your in the sand you will catch fish but the outer edge weeds are not so good. To avoid the group at that time of day just motor over to cedar and work the break line with lindy rigs.