Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HuntFishDude

When would you go...

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a week of vacation to take between the end of July and the end of September. My question is if you guys had the choice, when would you go? I've been to the lake once for opener so I don't have good knowledge of how the bite progresses towards the end of the summer. Would there be any difference to wait until the end of September or not? I know mid summer is upon us so the bite has slowed. Any opinions are appreciated!

I also would like to know when is the best time

The bite is still good. We caught 30 on Fri 6/29 for 3 people. We were able to keep 10.

I guess it all depends on how you want to fish. The Fall bite can be awesome up there. Day is good, but I guess it's hard to beat trolling cranks. I have not had the chance to do this, but I will do that this fall.

Without a doubt the third week in September. The big eyes will be up shallow at night and will have the feedbag on. During the early evening a guy can go out and cast for Muskie up on the shallow rock reefs and have a very good chance at a hook up.

What would be better than ending up with a Personal Best Muskie and Eye in the same week laugh.gif

Paul,

Give my cell a call. Would like to set up a time and learn from "one of the best" for night trolling in Fall.

If you can't find it, send me an e-mail. mpothen@intricon.com

Thanks Paul, I'll be calling you to get a reservation as soon as I can nail down the dates.

Rodmaker, Maybe we'll be out there about the same time...

I plan on making 4 or more night trips this Fall. (hopefully) If you look at Posts from last year, you'll find out what Paul is talking about.

I would say july because the musky bite can be unreal. But most important is then u can go back in september also cool.gif