Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
123fish

Rock Lake/Sarah Report 6-30-07

6 posts in this topic

Nothing and nothing. Went to Rock for an hour and a half and never saw a fish landed between 10 boats. Went over to Sarah for two hours and saw a guy land a 13" walleye which he threw back and he had his livewell running so he must have had at least one keeper. Only action we saw at all between another ten boats.

Yep, I do believe it's over for SW MN until maybe fall. This seems pretty typical around here.

Sometimes Okabena will get a little mid summer run. Been pretty quiet there lately. Had a buddy get a 17" walleye there Friday on a Lindy rig in one of the dredge holes. Nothing to get excited about though.

Fished sarah friday for about an hour and a half and caught 7 walleyes. Couple really nice ones over 20. We kept four and threw the rest back. The best bite was right at noon. As soon as the wind went down we didnt catch anything so we went back to the campground. Tried Shetek that night for about an hour and never caught anything.

Must have been a Friday on some other Lake Sarah...or else everyone we talked to lied to us. Didn't hit plugs, bottom bouncer/harnesses, fireballs, or anything for us

One thing that has always put walleyes in the boat this time of year is the speed that I troll. Crainkbait tuning is a must and location really doesnt matter. I know others have the lake sarah trick down as well.