Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gemstone

Huge Boat Problem, HELP!!!!!

6 posts in this topic

I have a 2005 Monark King 195 with a Yamaha 150. When running close to full thottle in medium wave the boat rolls to the left. If I don't let of the throttle it keeps rolling to the point where the gunnell is close to the water level. This boat was never damaged. Any ideas?

Too much weight on one side of the boat or there is a defect in the hull thats grabbing the water and pulling the boat down.

Is it possible that the motor isn't trimmed right. I just put a new prop on my boat, and it took some adjusting of the trim angle to get it to run right. It wasn't quite as drastic as you are talking about, but it did lean to the left a bit and was throwing out a nasty looking wake, very much off-center and just not running quite right.

Just a thought.

Tom

Check your motor installation, measure it to be sure it is centered on transom.

Otherwise a hull problem, quite possible on the rear 1/2 section of the boat

It would be safe to assume that you did something to the lower unit, the hull or to the rigging of your boat. If you just changed props or adjusted your steering, start there to find problem. Otherwise you may have done something to the hull itself. As Valv suggests, it would probably be in the after section of the hull and likely along the keel line. Relax....this is a solvable problem. grin.gif

Do you have a dole fin on the the motor? I have a new Merc and the manual says that the fin can cause the boat to roll.