Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
red bricks

Caribou lake

10 posts in this topic

I am heading up to Caribou lake this weekend for a church/family weekend at C.O.P. Any tips on what/where to keep young ones busy and occupied. What depths would the walleye be at? Thanks

Well the bass will keep the kids busy. I was up there 2 weeks ago so the bass might be in different locations now, but when I was there they were all around the docks and along the shallows. But stay close to docks and fallen trees and you'll nail the bass, and the kids will be happy. The walleyes were tight lipped though, I seriously couldn't buy a bite.

Thanks JB, The pike were agressive and the bass were off the shore out on the rocks. Nice weekend!!! Walleye were still tight lipped.

Glad to hear you had fun. It usually is a pretty good pike lake too, they were a little tight lipped also while I was there. Good to see they were cooperating for you though.

This might be a dumb question, but by "C.O.P." do you mean the landing on the west side of the lake?

C.O.P. (I don't remember what it stands for) I believe is a christian group type campground. So yeah, it's not the public access your refering to.

Ah ok. Thanks for the info.

By COP he is referring to Cathedral of the Pines. The mayflys are finally all done hatching up there and I know I had a tough walleye bite up there in the first couple weeks of june. I will be making my way up to Caribou tomorrow for four days. Im sure we will get into a few of them.

For those of you scratching your heads, this thread is talking about the Caribou lake outside of Lutsen, not the Caribou outside of Duluth...as that is where Cathedral of the Pines is located.

Thanks Bobby, this makes way more sense now. I always forget there are two Caribou Lakes people talk about in this section.