Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
DT10 Guy

Cannon River traffic?

DT10 Guy    0
DT10 Guy

A buddy & I are fishing the Cannon river from Cannon falls to Redwing on Saturday for the first time. I see that there are a few float tube places along the river. How crowded does the river get and are there any times when it is unfishable because of too many people on the river?

Thanks--DT10

Catmaster1    0
Catmaster1

This coming weekend and the weekend after the fourth will be a nightmare. If you go in the next two weekends you will enjoy having a drunk tuber tangled in your lines or some meatstick dump his canoe in the hole you are fishing. If you can get out during the week you have the whole thing to yourself. I have fished the Cannon for 30 years and you would be better off just fishing from Cannon down to Trout Brook which is a Dakota County park about 5 miles downstream. The stretch past here slows way down, in fact the elevation drop from Welch to Red Wing is half what it is from Cannon to Welch.

On the positive you will have mucho nice scenery if the sun is out.

DT10 Guy    0
DT10 Guy

Hey Catmaster1,

We are planning on putting into the river at 6am. Will this be early enough to miss most of the tubing action? Also, if we only fish from CF to Trout Book how is the fishing/rapids in this section? Would we be able to anchor along that stretch to concentrate on some of the deeper pools?

Thanks for your info--DT10

SkitterPopper    0
SkitterPopper

Yeah there are spots that you can anchor. There is a stretch in Cannon Falls that has some mild class 1 rapids, that's about it. With the little rain we have had lately the river should be running slow. I think you should be just fine.

uffdapete    3
uffdapete

We had about 15 people following us in 18 tubes (3 for the beer) 2 years ago on the Zumbro while were canoeing/fishing and my partner hooked a 46" musky. They caught up to us before we landed it and stayed back far enough to keep out of the way but close enough to watch the show. He tried to tell them it was a musky and they refused to believe him. When we finally got it in I think they lost all desire to have their hands and toes in the water and they sobered up in a hurry!!