Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markkstanley

The Minnetonka Muskie contest is on again.

37 posts in this topic

Simple rules. Catch it on Tonka and post your fish here with a photo if you got one. Maybe I can get the honchos here to cough up some kind of prize. How about an autographed photo of Jonny P?

Wow!! What a great idea!! And I just might have something to contribute...

fish.jpg

46" (Although I forgot to pinch the tail. Not sure what that would have added)

Johnny P autographed photo is a great idea!

They were on fire today. We hooked up with 2 and had 4 more follow right to the boat to no avail. The big one in the boat was 46" today, but there were two that followed that looked significantly bigger. The action was between 7:30am and 9:30am. Not bad for a couple hours of casting. I will see if we can get the picture up.

nice fish man.

These aren't mine...but came from a couple guys in our league

TonkaMuskie06230745.jpgP7200001.JPG

We had an amazing day on Tonka the other day with many opportunities and a few in the boat. The highlight of the day was this massive beast of nature that i caught. It was a boatside attack also, it followed from way out there and grabbed it finally about 3 feet from the boat just as i was about to start the figure 8. It was absolutely amazing!!

JS

53 1/2"

[image]535incheszv4.jpg[/image]

holy crap thats a monster! congrats,what were you throwin?

I almost forgot the release picture!!

JS

[image]thereleaselx2.jpg[/image]

Excellent fish. I still get freaked by those boat side attacks. Number one reason to fish muskies.

I call fowl, why the rain gear and where in the Heck was it raining??????? Some Guys!!! Great fish, I took a picture for a guy last night that needed a hand, 51.5"

Beautiful fish, I have had an unusual number of those boatside attacks this year, a definate rush. Congrats on a true trophy. Looks like you were in good company.

Nice pic Mike....looks more like 43 but if you say so lol

Nice muskies, Guys!

I can only offer. musky002.jpg

Here is my entry - a 48 incher that looked like it had scoliosis. I wish it's body was proportionate to it's head

[image]081107Tonka48.jpg[/image]

I know it's small, but it's my first muskie... 32". Caught on Minnetonka with my new muskie spinning rod/reel setup (7' St Croix Ex-Hvy action/Shimano Symetre 4000) with a custom muskie in-line spinner (similar to a DC-10). I took a couple quick pictures with my cell-phone and released her quickly. Sorry about the rather poor and unorthodox shots, but I was fishing alone and it was the only way I could take pictures.

274725236.jpg

274725235.jpg

-Gregg B.

Steffanf. Man that's a hog to me. I will try to post my first musky, also from Minnetonka. I think if I would have pinched the tail he would have gone 17". Oh ya and it was a successful release despite the vertical hold. (just joking on the vertical hold, obviously wouldn't have done that with a big one.)

Picture002.jpg

Nice fish! What did you catch her on? 3" Bulldog?

42.5 incher on tonka this morning

[image]http://42.jpg[/image]

48 in.

[image]Ben_Musky_31.jpg[/image]

Here is a somewhat decent one I got while trolling with "muleshack" last Friday. Didn't measure, just wanted to get it back into the water asap.

GoggleEye Click here for pic

muskie0052uh5.jpg

51" 30lb. Trolling for walleyes with a light G-Loomis and 10lb powerpro.. Took and hour and 25 minutes to get her in.. Tried to revive her and put her back, but she would'nt come to.... frown.gif

Quote:

I almost forgot the release picture!!

JS

... pertaining to JiggingSpoon's 53" class fish. Look at the camo on the release arm compared to the earlier pic. Why the change of wardrobe? hmm... confused.gif Upon further retrospect, I cry foul. Can I do that? Trying to be friendly and all...