Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iceguy75

Decent pike lakes in Monti/Buffalo areas

9 posts in this topic

Just looking for some decent pike action in the monticello/buffalo area, don't need any hot spots, just a point in the right direction, thanks.

Maple....Please bring all your friends and keep full limits. Those snot rockets have cost me alot of tackle this year!!

Thanks, is there any size to them? can you launch on little maple and access the main lake?

You should be able to launch there but getting to the main lake may be a little tough with all the weeds.

Well i hit Maple tonight, only 2 slimers so a pretty poor outing, lots of weeds.

Maple does have some nice pike in it as does Bass lake or even Clearwater. One method I've found to work well, this time of the year, in Bass and Maple lakes is to troll the 20 to 25 foot depths with deep diving crankbaits (Risto Raps, Lightning Shads, etc.) Good Luck

lake augusta wich is connected to clearwater was pretty good last week. I caught 4 and lost a couple bass jigs to some more. They werent huge but better than average. The biggest one was probably 6lbs

Lake Charlotte is full of them! Some decent ones, which need to be let go, but TONS of small ones (under 20"). Wife's family lives on the lake and I keep all of the pike I catch when I get there to fish (~4 times a year).

Great lake to get some flags ice fishing, that is for sure!

The Weedlines all around pulaski!