Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Paul Waldowski

The last week

Paul Waldowski    0
Paul Waldowski

Fishing has slowed down over the past week from what it has been. Many of our groups are getting fish, but it hasn't been as easy as it was.

Many folks have started to have there best look in deeper water, 30-32 feet, either with bottom bouncers and spinners or pulling deep running Tail Dancers out in the middle of nowhere.

All of us here at Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay would like to thank all of the groups that we have had through here over the last couple of weeks. It has been a great time and everyone that we have met thru FM has been a class act. I look forward to meeting many more of you in the upcoming weeks.

cableguy    0
cableguy

You have one class act there. Keep up the great work! I hope to be up later today and will stop in and say hi.

kda    0
kda

Paul-

Are the fish showing any color preference on the cranks? Heading up this weekend, would like to go well equipt.

Thanks

Kevin

federline    0
federline

>>>pulling deep running Tail Dancers out in the middle of nowhere.

We resembled that remark. grin.gif pull cranks between mud flats, rig on the mud breaks, lather, rinse, repeat! Oh my!

Hey Paul, how'd you and your co-pilot do Saturday eve?

>>>Are the fish showing any color preference on the cranks?

Might I suggest Red head wonderbread or metallic trout reef runner?

kda    0
kda

Assuming you're running the deep Reef Runners as opposed to the shallow on a three-way, snap weights, etc.

Thanks for the info!

ASMOLEY    0
ASMOLEY

We shared similar results last week we were up with a small group Thursday through Sunday. Tursday was our best day for #'s of fish and least amout of time on the water. We did fairly well every day but the bite surely slowed down in the short time we were there. We had our best luck with lindys and crawlers anywhere from 26-32+ FOW. Like metioned earlier out in the middle of knowhere. We fished 8-Mile flat mainly. We did have a little success on leeches and the bobber fishermen were catching a few. I think spinners would have worked too but personaly just not my style of fishing. The fish were deffinatly on the move so that might have been a better option to locate active fish. Good luck grin.gif

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Rick
      Court ruling would place unnecessary burdens on more than 500,000 White Bear Lake area residents Judge’s ruling would immediately halt important development within 5 miles of White Bear Lake, stalling road construction, utility improvements, and residential construction Ruling not supported by scientific evidence, creating precedent that could restrict development and impose new burdens on residents across Minnesota  The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources today announced it will appeal a Ramsey County District Court ruling regarding water management of White Bear Lake and its surrounding groundwater. Without appeal, the court’s ruling would place unnecessary burdens on more than 500,000 White Bear Lake area residents, and immediately halt important development within 5 miles of the lake – stalling road and utility improvements, business growth, and residential construction. The judge’s ruling – which is not rooted in the best available science – would not significantly help the lake reach the court’s desired water level, and would likely set a new statewide precedent imposing similar burdens and restrictions on residents, businesses, and communities across Minnesota. “The DNR is strongly committed to protecting Minnesota’s many precious water resources, including White Bear Lake and its surrounding aquifers. We take that responsibility very seriously,” said DNR Commissioner Tom Landwehr. “But responsible, effective water management must be supported by sound science. The decisions we make must balance the needs of all Minnesota residents and businesses to ensure everyone has reliable access to clean, affordable water. That important balance, and the quality of life we all enjoy, are at stake in this ruling, which merits a thorough review by the Minnesota Court of Appeals.” Under the District Court’s ruling, if water levels remain below 923.5 feet above sea level in White Bear Lake, new irrigation and development restrictions would be imposed on area residents and businesses. DNR data show, however, that White Bear Lake’s water levels have registered below this proposed 923.5-foot trigger level in 48 out of the past 58 years. And according to the best available science, the DNR has concluded these new restrictions would have little impact on raising or maintaining the court’s desired water levels in White Bear Lake. Nonetheless, if the District Court’s ruling is not overturned, residential watering would be banned for 500,000 area residents by early 2018, and could not resume until the lake rises above 924 feet. Under the court’s ruling, this expansive residential watering restriction would remain in place for multiple years during dry periods, and would have likely been in place for the past 10 years had the court’s order been in effect. Additionally, all temporary water permits for construction within 5 miles of White Bear Lake would be immediately prohibited under the court’s ruling – a change that would stall road construction, utility, and residential development projects in area communities. In the last five years alone, 31 construction projects within 5 miles of the lake required such a permit. “The DNR is firmly committed to protecting our lakes, rivers, and aquifers. But unnecessary water restrictions can be profoundly disruptive to people, our economy, and communities,” Landwehr said. “The science does not support such a broad irrigation ban, nor these extremely restrictive development prohibitions. More importantly, these restrictions would do little to achieve or sustain desirable water levels in White Bear Lake.” Landwehr said, however, that the agency does believe some changes to water use may be needed and it is developing an enhanced water model to better understand the impact of pumping from specific wells near White Bear Lake. “This is information that we have only recently been able to develop,” he said. “With this new tool, we are committed to working with local communities, businesses and residents to make carefully targeted, well-informed modifications to water use in the area.” DNR water experts and local government leaders have serious concerns about the precedent the court’s ruling could establish. If applied elsewhere in Minnesota, this restrictive approach to water management could severely curtail new and amended groundwater appropriation permits for all types of uses, beyond what is needed to ensure water sustainability. The DNR has until Oct. 30 to appeal the court’s decision, but is announcing its decision now because many area communities are concerned with the ruling and want to know how the DNR will proceed. During the appeal process, the DNR will work with permit holders in the White Bear Lake area to implement some elements of the ruling. The agency will be talking soon with communities about how it will approach this in as collaborative a manner as possible. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • blindluck
      I wouldn't let length or hp determine that, just the wind.  I saw a boat that lost a rivet this last year and have heard about a weld cracking out there.  The wind is no joke out there and any boat can take a hit.    If it is really windy I just swing into Kabekona Bay.   Otherwise, just count on it taking a while to get out to spots.
    • monstermoose78
      I do, never thought about it. I will ask my buddy and I will have to work on blind retrieves. I never have done blind retrieves with Finn. I will have learn up on it now. If you have any tips or tricks it would help. Thank you Dave 
    • FishinCT
      Didn't catch a ton of fish this weekend but the ones we got were beauties. Just a bunch 15-17 inch fish with a 25" mixed in there. Last 2 days have been tough after the storm Sunday night. Marking tons of fish still and getting a good amount of bites on both spinners and lindys but most are biting short and tough to hook on the big minnows. Don't really want to throw on a stinger hook but that might be the way to go. Maybe should try pulling some cranks too. Looks like the rest of the week should be stable weather and good fishing!
    • Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle of Lake of the Woods!

Water temps are hovering in the low 60’s despite the very fall like weather we are experiencing. 

The scenic Canadian shore lines are coming to life with various critters. Otter, bear and more making preparations for the coming winter.

Walleye fishing in Canada is excellent with a jig and minnow or shiner. The most productive environment has been gaps at 15-18’ with plenty of current present. Good numbers of perch are being caught off deep edges or reefs at 30’ or more. Crappies are a little more difficult this week, the best chances are on a light set up.

Around Minnesota, walleyes can still be had with a crankbait but favored methods are switching over to a jig tipped with a shiner on main lake points between 20 and 24’. 

Muskies are moving deeper with anglers transitioning from casting to trolling. There is still time to boat a big fall fish!

We hope to see you soon!
      Sunset Lodge
    • leech~~
      Welcome to the forum. Give it a month and throw it on C/list, it should go then.
    • rundrave
        Im not a waterfowl guy and dont do a lot of it. But isn't that why you retriever guys do blind retrieves? My GSP's dont always mark down birds either and I just send them with hand signals. I think its just something we have worked on over time. Do you know anyone that has access to a zinger winger launcher etc. That's about the only other way to replicate it with out doing the real thing.
    • monstermoose78
      Thanks Dave this seemed to help with grouse, woodcocks,and ducks.  How does a guy get a dog to stay focused on the sky watching for birds? Finn did great at sitting or laying down for ducks but he does not watch for them so he does not mark the birds then. Any ideas to get him to do this?  
    • Mike89
      one of the  rivers will do ya...
    • jb bj