Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul Waldowski

The last week

6 posts in this topic

Fishing has slowed down over the past week from what it has been. Many of our groups are getting fish, but it hasn't been as easy as it was.

Many folks have started to have there best look in deeper water, 30-32 feet, either with bottom bouncers and spinners or pulling deep running Tail Dancers out in the middle of nowhere.

All of us here at Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay would like to thank all of the groups that we have had through here over the last couple of weeks. It has been a great time and everyone that we have met thru FM has been a class act. I look forward to meeting many more of you in the upcoming weeks.

You have one class act there. Keep up the great work! I hope to be up later today and will stop in and say hi.

Paul-

Are the fish showing any color preference on the cranks? Heading up this weekend, would like to go well equipt.

Thanks

Kevin

>>>pulling deep running Tail Dancers out in the middle of nowhere.

We resembled that remark. grin.gif pull cranks between mud flats, rig on the mud breaks, lather, rinse, repeat! Oh my!

Hey Paul, how'd you and your co-pilot do Saturday eve?

>>>Are the fish showing any color preference on the cranks?

Might I suggest Red head wonderbread or metallic trout reef runner?

Assuming you're running the deep Reef Runners as opposed to the shallow on a three-way, snap weights, etc.

Thanks for the info!

We shared similar results last week we were up with a small group Thursday through Sunday. Tursday was our best day for #'s of fish and least amout of time on the water. We did fairly well every day but the bite surely slowed down in the short time we were there. We had our best luck with lindys and crawlers anywhere from 26-32+ FOW. Like metioned earlier out in the middle of knowhere. We fished 8-Mile flat mainly. We did have a little success on leeches and the bobber fishermen were catching a few. I think spinners would have worked too but personaly just not my style of fishing. The fish were deffinatly on the move so that might have been a better option to locate active fish. Good luck grin.gif