Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wingnut38

Any muskie reports?

5 posts in this topic

I fished the west side by wigwam bay on saturday afternoon. Didn't see a fish. Sunday morning I saw one laying in the sun but didn't want anything to do with my bucktail.

Take note on where the sunning 'skis are laying and try again later. Those big girls have to eat sooner or later.

The "Griz" caught a 54" Ski near a flat on a spinner rig, 6lb test, and a crawler. Looks like the Muskie guy's need to re-think their approach to get these fish. grin.gif

Heard this on Bear Facts and Fish tales.

Good luck,

Corey Bechtold

Every year I always hear of a few walleye fisherman catching some big beasts out on the flats. I've always said the future state record will be caught on a leech out on the flats.

I'm not too sure how one would target muskies on the flats. I think it would be a little like attempting to find a needle in a haystack. I'd rather not rely on only luck and do just fine without ever venturing too far from shore. cool.gif

I targeted muskies on the flats last week! All we got is a 44in pulling cranks( only tried one day). picked up some nice eye's too!!

Everybody was looking at us funny all day. Where were they when we pulled that fish in!