Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
USPENAMC

kids ponds or lake near or around EDEN PRAIRIE

7 posts in this topic

HI,

im just getting my kid into fishing im trying to find a little lake that holds WHATEVER kind of fish in large amounts i really dont care what type of fish as long as we can get him to catch his first fish. if you know whats working let me know. i dont have a boat so somewhere with either a dock or alot of shore access would be great.

thanks,

dave

There is a pier on Lake Riley in Eden Prairie that has some deep water off of it. I haven't fished it but I watched a couple guys catch sunfish, crappies and two small walleyes the Tuesday after opener. The pier is north of the public access.

I fished in Lake Ann in Chanhassen yesterday and the panfish were all over the place in the shallows. Another place to try is Round Lake by the High School. There are tons of small sunfish in that lake.

I would also recommend Round Lake for taking a kid. There's a pier and a dock that are both fishable. They are located on the east end of the lake by the beach. You will catch some sunnies smile.gif Have fun!

thank you gents.... i never knew there were so many deer running around loose in eden prairie confused.gif saw 3 in one day...can you tell i havent driven around eden prairie much grin.gif i didnt see a single one during hunting season had to add that since i was looking for somewhere to take my kids fishing.. thanks for the info and will try round lake.

I've caught a lot of Crappie off the dock on Lake Riley, try a minnow under a bobber and have fun!

If you posted a month ago, I would recommend Lake Mitchelle. Only thing you might not like is that there's a 10 horse power limit on that lake. Lots of sunnies - good sizes too. Large mouths are plenty - 3, 4, & 5 pounders had been caught and released. Crappies - when the sun is setting, throw out a jig and they'll come after it. Northerns - haven't seen one. Walleyes - didn't know that this lake had them until I hooked a 20" this year while fishing for crappies. Since this lake has a horse power limit on it, it's pretty quiet. Go on a week day and the whole lake is pretty much yours.