Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
uphill

DNR bust in Waite Park

12 posts in this topic

Did anyone hear about a DNR bust in Waite Park I guess it was on WCCO but I believe it was WCCO out of Alexandria. I looked on the WCCO website and could not find anything also the Times site and nothing there just wonder what it was all about. Phil

It's in this weeks issue of Outdoor News

You know what's funny about this story is that one of the person is repeat offender being busted over and over again and still has no clue that he's going to get busted for constantly breaking the law and continue's to do so. How dumb are these lawbreakers?

Hopefully this will be a wake up call...

Hsven't you ever heard the phrase "dumb crooks"? They usually are to stupid to do things right. That is why that are caught all the time and still continue to keep doing it.

There was a story one time about a 20 time offender that the mother said "the cops are always picking on my son".

When someone shows obvious disregard for this stuff, does the penalty increase? Not allowing him to get a license obviously hasn't worked. So how do you prevent him from doing it again? Can the DNR impose stiffer penalties or confiscate car, boat, fishing gear?

Its to bad, becuase its only hurting the fishery that they are on. I dont understand why people have to do this. Im glad they got into trouble, and that it was handled the right way!!

A little jail time might help. A few months with the hard cores in lockup might wise 'em up. Same old story, repeat offenders, repeat offenders, why is that? Because they keep getting thier wrists slapped with no hard consequences. Bill

I agree a little jail time would be the best thing. It seems like every year there are people getting busted for gross over limits. And thise are only the people getting caught maybe if it was a manditory 30 days in the grey bar motel for the first offence and 60 days for the 2nd people might think twice about keeping more than there limit. And how about loosing your privilage to hunt and fish in MN for life added on.

I also agree that jail time would probably stop most of them but loosing their privilage to hunt and fish won't stop them. The are already breaking the law so what would stop them fishing and hunting without a license. At least thats what I think.

The problem I see is that taking thier fishing privelages away is not a deterent to stop breaking the law. Some day the penalties will need to be so severe that one in no way will continue to break the law. So many times, its a repeat offender which proves the penalties are not working.

The other problem is that many children are not given the example or direction that is needed when they are younger and very impressionable. Kinda that monkey see, monkey do theory.

jail probably wouldnt work because they would be put in county jail with the other crooks with petty crimes. throw them into Lino Lakes with the killers for a while, then they will wisen up.