Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stop'emfromfloppin

Ida Or Carlos

7 posts in this topic

I am heading up to Alex this weekend. I am staying at a place on Carlos but I thinking about fishng Ida. Does anyone know how the bite has been on these lakes. I fished Ida on the opener and did pretty well but I would like to give Carlos a chance.

Give Carlos a try, and if it's slow, there are several other lakes on the Chain to motor into. You can't miss.

Is there any resorts to stay on Carlos by chance?

I was on Ida (cabin) two weeks ago and it was the best fishing i had ever had there. Water is down but the bass and pike were biting nicely. I found some transitional structure from rock to sand/weeds and back to rock where I nailed them all day. Nothing too big but it was enjoyable. If you post a contour I can tell you where it was. It was on the north end of the lake out from one of the points(dont know the name).

I would also give Carlos a try. Carlos can sometimes produce walleyes during mid-summer when some of the other lakes in the area are not. Fish the usual structure, but try going a little deeper. Carlos is a good Lindy/leech lake.

Ida, great fishing for bass!

Mindbender; "Lake Carlos Villas" is a timeshare resort on the south shore of Lake Carlos. This website is for the owners to post weeks they want to sell or rent. It's a real nice place, we've stayed there before.

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]