Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Random guy

New crappie spots

21 posts in this topic

As the warmer temps continue to rise we have been forced to try hundreds of spots looking for crappies. We have tried the deeper regions around rocks, around the cribs, the weeds, gravel bars and finally had some luck around the root wads. Root wad fishing can be tough, normally they are in muddy regions up very shallow and you will need an extension.

jonaugersl8.jpg

Priceless! grin.gif

There are some things money can't buy, for everything else there's JP.

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

To make this picture complete you need to transpose a picture of a seal coming out of the hole and biting the guy in the ankle............. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

They are actually looking for Kellys wallet

or cell phone! grin.gif

It just like ice fishing all over agian except it's warmer. Yes.

Really we are fishing the underground parts of the Lost River.

JP, I've fished there before, all I got was......rock bass

and the hot bait for this spot? . . . Mud Puppies

untitledak1.jpg

Go ahead and laugh but but I was the first truck there. cool.gif I just didn't plan on being that far under the water table and upside down. shocked.gif

JAR JAR.... You ARE the man! I was laughing for 30 seconds.. wife came over to look. "What the hell is that?" Sorry hun, somethings can't be explained.

I stared and stared at the new pic and just got it. Watch out for them seals Johnny.

Hey Jon, thought about giving that root fishing a try this weekend. With the warmer weather coming do you think I will need an EXSTENSION???? HE HE laugh.gif. I couln't resist asking. Figured I would starting warming you up for winter.

Man the lake level looks low. I would definately try crawlers. Spread out, there is no need to crowd. grin.gifgrin.gif

Ya know the seal is cool and the auger in the dirt is neat but I can't stop looking at that picture and wonder...how long until that tuft of hair covering my forhead just falls of the main chunk? grin.gif

Quote:

untitledak1.jpg

Quote:

Ya know the seal is cool and the auger in the dirt is neat but I can't stop looking at that picture and wonder...how long until that tuft of hair covering my forhead just falls of the main chunk?
grin.gif

Quote:

untitledak1.jpg

Base on what I've seen, not long. wink.gif

Maybe if you were drilling with a Nils you might not have to work so hard. That would save you some Jonny. wink.gif

The way those Nils cut I don't know if it would work, we had to find the dullest blade in our parts department just to hang onto it. If I busted out a Nils I would be having tea in China right now.