Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Spider Lake

1 post in this topic

Heading up to Spider Lake on Saturday for the annual family vacation. Just hoping to get some reports, what's biting, on what?

Thanks in advance for the info.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Troy Smutka
      10/23/16     Central MN      Cold front last week and again this morning brought new ducks into central MN. Mainly observed migrating flocks of ringnecks, wigeon, gadwalls, canvasbacks, and mallards--calendar migrators from ND and southern Canada most likely. Had a few good days of duck hunting from a boat on a couple mid-sized shallow lakes. It is that time of the year for calendar migrators. Any time you can get out over the next couple weeks during or the day after a strong west or NW wind, or the day after a cold, clear night with a light westerly wind go for it. Soon these ducks will blow through and we will be waiting for the hardy Canadian ducks that stay just south of the snow and ice line. Good luck, and I will see you out there somewhere.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Brian, That certainly can not be a good thing for Vermilion! I have not seen it that bad on Big Bay yet. Cliff
    • Ray Berg
      I was back up to morris yesterday oct 22 fished afternoon for about 3 hrs. in 17 to 19 feet caught about 25 walleye and sauger mix average size about 10 in. only 2 keepers. Lots of boats everyone was catching fish. I'm guessing I missed as many as I caught. Stinger saved the day!
    • knoppers
      still seeing birds, lots of people out this weekend, so I did not hunt to hard this weekend. fishing has been good also.
    • knoppers
      walleyes have been biting on all area lakes, my guess is you did good.