Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GreyGoose

Kwik tips

3 posts in this topic

I'm goona be passing through on Thurs., driving up north for the weekend. I figured I might as well spend a few hours on Mille Lacs, I'm in no hurry. I was wondering how the bite has been on the west side and any other qwick tips that might steer me into the direction of a walleye. I have only fished mille lacs a few times and have never done to well. Any advise would help. Thanks

Quote:

The bite has still been good even with the mayfly hatch and the weather that came through this last week. I had a guide on wed. evening and we were able to keep 7 slots and pulled a 29 incher which was released. I have three guides this week and will give more detail after I do those trips, but for a few spots try Sloppys on the edges in 29+ ft of water with hammered copper and silver crawler harnesses, the Gravel Bar with lindy's, slips and blades, Bannana Reef with slips around 20-25ft in the evening, and mud edges in front of Izaty's Resort in 30ft of water during the day with slips and lindy's.

This was from Hunter Winfields post on another thread. should be able to pick up fish out on the mud with 8-10' lindy with red hook or move a little faster with a spinner rig...gold when cloudy and silver if sunny. work in and out until you locate the fish.

Thanks to everyone on here for the help. You guys make taking on big lakes like this alot easier.