Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GreyGoose

Kwik tips

3 posts in this topic

I'm goona be passing through on Thurs., driving up north for the weekend. I figured I might as well spend a few hours on Mille Lacs, I'm in no hurry. I was wondering how the bite has been on the west side and any other qwick tips that might steer me into the direction of a walleye. I have only fished mille lacs a few times and have never done to well. Any advise would help. Thanks

Quote:

The bite has still been good even with the mayfly hatch and the weather that came through this last week. I had a guide on wed. evening and we were able to keep 7 slots and pulled a 29 incher which was released. I have three guides this week and will give more detail after I do those trips, but for a few spots try Sloppys on the edges in 29+ ft of water with hammered copper and silver crawler harnesses, the Gravel Bar with lindy's, slips and blades, Bannana Reef with slips around 20-25ft in the evening, and mud edges in front of Izaty's Resort in 30ft of water during the day with slips and lindy's.

This was from Hunter Winfields post on another thread. should be able to pick up fish out on the mud with 8-10' lindy with red hook or move a little faster with a spinner rig...gold when cloudy and silver if sunny. work in and out until you locate the fish.

Thanks to everyone on here for the help. You guys make taking on big lakes like this alot easier.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• blue_healer_guy
      I live 10 min from cabelas and they have like 4 trolling motors on the floor.... dont like buying something i cant look at.
    • h8go4s
      You can't find one? How much do they cost? Try Cabela's for starters.All the I-Pilot and I-Pilot Link models have Spot-lock.   http://www.cabelas.com/browse.cmd?categoryId=734095080&CQ_search=terrova   https://www.minnkotamotors.com/Trolling-Motors/Freshwater-Bow-Mount/New-Terrova/
    • DLD24
      Nice, I'll have to start fishing it more and learn it.
    • Maverick1951
      You can find crappies and sunfish anywhere on the like around the pencil reeds and/or cabbage.  One of the best spots is right in front of the resort, but don't limit yourself there as there are plenty of spots all over the lake for pan fish.  The nice part is that you will probably also catch bass while going for pan fish.  Good luck and remember to give other fisherman plenty of room.  No reason to fish close to others.
    • monstermoose78
      I will check
    • monstermoose78
    • eyeguy 54
      fun time today  2 beasts still swimmin to get bigger
    • biff
      The quality of walleye on fish has really amped up since the slot. I would put it up there with the St. Louis River now as far as local waters that produce quality walleye. Sometimes it's hard to catch an eye under 17"...its kinda the opposite of Island Lake. I wish the protected slot was a little longer as I don't see many over 26".
    • JBMasterAngler
      I never got a chance to get down to Superior in the morning to fish from shore, as it was always a little too rough every day. I did get up early enough to make it to the devil track river, finally for the first time. Was nice to check it out, although my time was short. Caught 1 little rainbow, and lost 6!    Also checked out the Poplar River for the first time, off the caribou trail, at the campgrounds. Only fished it for a little bit, but caught 2 brook trout, one of which was about 12 inches. River was surprisingly deep, was wading in waste deep water.    My dad and my son are still up there. But they haven't really been able to fish due to the rain on Saturday and Sunday. If it was nice today, they were going to go back to Greenwood Lake. Otherwise, if the weather was bad, they were coming home a day early. Haven't heard from them yet, so hopefully they were able to get out.
    • portageguy
      Yes just north of Cook.  They are open 7 days 8:00-4:30. Y-store is open 5am - midnight.