Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
TTfromBlaine

BOAT INSURANCE ?

TTfromBlaine    0
TTfromBlaine

Who do you have for boat insurance? and why do you like them? I currently have Foremost but am up for renewal.

Down Deep    0
Down Deep

I have Boat US. They are online. AIG is the underwriter.

harvey lee    13
harvey lee

Allstate is a sponsor on FM.maybe you could get an online quote from them. I personally have all my insurance with American Family. I like them because of the few times I have had claims and have never had a problem with the claims department.

http://allstate.com/

Eric Wettschreck    0
Eric Wettschreck

Everything I have insurance on is through Allstate. I've used them for about 20 years now. No complaints. They have treated me well the few times I had to file a claim.

Pikeslayer    0
Pikeslayer

Ive been with American Family for over 20 years for my home and auto,When I bought my Bass boat last month and asked about insurance,they had a policy written up by the time I got done telling them about it!! smile.gifsmile.gif

cold one sd    0
cold one sd

I have been with American Family for 35 years with no problems. A friend switched to another insurance provider with all of his policies and they doubled his boat premium after about a year. He went back to American Family with everything.

Sandmannd    11
Sandmannd

Went with American Fam for just my boat last year and was pretty cheap. Had a problem with one boat and they covered it with no hassels. I would recommend them.

insurance guy    0
insurance guy

insurance guy is partial to the "Good Hands" people since I am an Allstate agent but there are lots of good companies out there. The most important things to consider are your liability coverages and also making sure you have "replacement cost" for your boat versus "actual cash value" if you have a newer boat. Not all companies offer that but be sure to discuss this with your agent. I recommend no less than $100k of liability and the premium you pay will vary with the boat's value and deductible as well as your driving record and credit history just like car insurance. As you know boats don't stop so well and if you were to hit someone in the water like a swimmer or someone who fell of a jetski you could lose your house, car and everything else if you're not properly covered due to a lawsuit or settlement. You could also hit someone elses boat and have a liability claim that way just like your car. Many homeowner policies will automatically cover your liability on small boats, usually 25hp or less so check on that with your agent also. Don't forget personal effects/boat equipment coverage either. Ask your agent questions, shop around and be careful out there and most importantly, get insurance.