Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Double A

Dead Calm Saturday

3 posts in this topic

Tried out a couple lakes today - Beautiful day to be on the lakes. I was with my family (5 in the boat) so tried an old standby and got plenty of pike and sunnies to satisfy the family.

But when we got to Lida and started fishing in earnest for Walleye it seams the calm moved the fish elsewhere. I tried breaks from 14 down to 30 feet. I saw fish but no activity.

Did anyone else have any success during the calm day? What depth? Where do you generally go when the wind goes down?

we did pretty good...had to do some weeding out the small ones. Cuz was fishing a bobber and catching them and I was using a jig and minnow. We both had luck we were anchored and doing very well till the bait ran out. We wereoff the lake by noon.

I am out on Lida almost every day (especially during the weekends). Just as you said Lida has shut down in the 'walleye holes'. I managed to catch some, but they were definitely not anywhere you would normally fish. And the ones we caught we in the slot so we had to throw them back anyway.