Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
huntfish44

Water Level?

7 posts in this topic

Anyone have any clue on the water levels, I like a little slower water to fish! Thanks

Ive been kepping track of the water levels here in brainerd and its been up and down the last month or so. Right now its about 2 feet under its highest point which occured this spring. But thats up north here and it is prolly totally different down there.

I was out between the 169 bridge and Anoka-Ramsey this morning. I'm no expert on the river, so as far as comparing water levels to what they were last week or last month, I have no idea, but I would definitely call the current right now pretty moderate. Easily manageable, you shouldn't have a problem at all. Good luck!

What kind of boat ya runnin' lotsofish, I've been in and out a couple times each day and wonder what FM'ers are out there.

The level at my house is down from last week, don't really matter below the bridge, they try to hold 830 above sea level at the dam. Up river from the bridge its down a foot from last monday and an inch from yesterday, my neighbor hauled his first lower unit casualty off the creek last week, I've quit doing it cept for fishing boats, I've even hauled the Anoka Sherrif off, it gets old. It was a zoo above the bridge today, and in front of my place for that matter. I wanted to fish my section and gave up there was so much wave action. mad.gif

I have an older 16' aluminum Lund that I repainted dark blue. You can tell it's me because I have a 35 Johnson and a 6 Johnson on the back. I'm not sure when I'll be back, but hopefully I have better luck next time. It was really windy when I was out, I wonder if that had anything to do with it? Maybe I'll have to be adventurous and go above the bridge...I haven't done that yet. If I use the 6 horse (short shaft) I can make it through about 1.2 FOW, but it takes a while to get anywhere. Probably a lot safer though. cool.gif

Was that you just below the 169 bridge today. If it was I think I waved at you. smile.gif

Nope it wasn't me. I was out on North Center in Chisago today.