Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
elusivecrappiecatcher

Who is all heading out to the pond this weekend?

6 posts in this topic

Myself and two friends are heading out tomorrow (Sat) at about 3:30am should at least be on the lake by 5:30am or so. So far winds out of the NE calm to 5MPH and then turning out of the SE at 5MPH high 80 to 85 with a slight chance of rain or a thunderstorm in the afternoon.

I don't know if I should head to the flats in the morning or hit up a reef like Sloppy Joe's or something. I will have more electronics than a Snoop Dogg Concert (Vexilar, GPS w/LakeMaster, Aqua-View) so finding the spots and fish should be easy. It is just what to fish in the morning and then in the afternoon.

Do I fish the flats that early in the morning with a bobber or do I hit up a reef?

Also when fishing a flat, something I have never done, do you fish on top of a flat or on the steep edges of it? I have the presentations all setup. But for the Bachelor party of sorts we are not really looking to keep any fish, just want to catch and release everything we catch. Any help would be great, thanks fellas!

I'll be there. My first time fishing Mille Lacs. My buddy who fishes there a lot is taking me on a fully guided trip. All he would tell me is that we're fishing in the mud.

Fished 7 mile flats on Thursday am...excellent fishing.

Most of our fish were in deeper water (30+) around the edges.

Lindy rigs with crawler or leech, both worked great.

caught: 28 1/2, 27 1/2, 26(2), 25 1/2, 25(2), 24 1/2, 23 1/2, 22(2), 21.

Didn't take any home but had a blast.

Good luck.

heading up tomorrow through monday night. will be out from about 5:30 to 9 sat., afternoon on sunday and morning to afternoon on monday. going to be fishing the south side probably from cove bay to the isle area. sat. and monday in my 14 ft. alumacraft and sunday the folks are renting a pontoon to take the group out. good luck out there this weekend.

EVERYONE

Well on saturday we went out to 7mile, with 75 other boats lol. Everyone was catching nice fish. We got 6. 26 1/4, 26, 25, 23,22, and a 15 over on Myr Mar flat.