Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cooter

Pics of my turkey

8 posts in this topic

Got this one on Wed morning of last season in WI. 22.5lb and 10.5" beard. No spur on one leg and half broke off on the other. Bread and butter 2 yr old bird.

009_15A.jpg

011_13A.jpg

I knew you might shoot one Cooter. cool.gif Nice bird.

Congrats Cooter!

No spurs on one leg and half broken off on the other. What kinda turkeys you guys got over there in Sconnieland?! tongue.gif

good work bud, nice 11th hour bird!

Quote:

Congrats Cooter!

No spurs on one leg and half broken off on the other. What kinda turkeys you guys got over there in Sconnieland?!
tongue.gif

You think with all that cheese they'd have plenty of calcium for strong bones and spurs.

couldn't resist it cooter ,nice bird

Cooter's deer are also three legged. grin.gif Might be something in the milk over there.

Cooter:

That pastured valley makes me salivate. Good looking place to set-up shop for awhile.

Good work on the bird. We've only killed one bird that was missing a spur......but a dandy it was, just like yours.

Joel

That pasture was full of turkeys this year. Usually its better in fall but the past few years its been real good in spring again. When I first started hunting the area was unbelievable then my uncle and as of now every surrounding patch of timber has been logged. Its great for deer and I think some of the old cuttings have matured enough where there is a good diversity and the birds are coming back more in spring. Not just the pastured areas but we also have been planting some rye, corn, clover, etc plus some new hay seeding to help. I've been hunting elsewhere the past 6 years but may have to reconsider! To be honest, I've been bumped from one good spot to the next but have always been fortunate enough to have great areas to hunt.