Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BeastLight

Muskies

6 posts in this topic

Anyone catching any Muskies on the river?

I caught one a few weeks ago in front of Barkers Island Hotel on a bomber. It totally sunk my board into the depths. I was fishing in the fog so it was sort of erie.

Got it to the side of the boat and my board came up off the bottom. Once I got the fish to the side of the boat I was disapointed to see it was a 49-50" ski. Oh well I popped the hooks out with the fish still in the water and let her go back to doing her thing. Thats the only nice one I have seen this year. Did catch a few dinkers up river trolling spinners.

Now that the season is getting rolling for them I think its time I start trying out Cheffreys "Musky Fingers" recipe. tongue.gifwink.gif

lol..."disapointed" to see it was a 50" ski....I feel so bad for you on that inconvenience,It took me 7 years to get one, and that is with actually trying lol

haha yeah "dissapointment" Im still trying and my biggest is 32" On walleye gear it breaks my heart and tackle but muskie gear BRING IT ON!! crazy.gif

Muskie fingers- lol, don't be upset you fish for a bait fish (a ecosystem will always find it equilibrium)

Ya I know but they taste so much better than a ski. At least they taste better than the ones over 40". wink.gif

The Airport flats was full of ski's again on Sunday night. Caught 3 more on the same bomber. The one particular bomber I was catching them on has been retired to the back of the stick box for a long long time. grin.gif