Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BeastLight

Muskies

6 posts in this topic

Anyone catching any Muskies on the river?

I caught one a few weeks ago in front of Barkers Island Hotel on a bomber. It totally sunk my board into the depths. I was fishing in the fog so it was sort of erie.

Got it to the side of the boat and my board came up off the bottom. Once I got the fish to the side of the boat I was disapointed to see it was a 49-50" ski. Oh well I popped the hooks out with the fish still in the water and let her go back to doing her thing. Thats the only nice one I have seen this year. Did catch a few dinkers up river trolling spinners.

Now that the season is getting rolling for them I think its time I start trying out Cheffreys "Musky Fingers" recipe. tongue.gifwink.gif

lol..."disapointed" to see it was a 50" ski....I feel so bad for you on that inconvenience,It took me 7 years to get one, and that is with actually trying lol

haha yeah "dissapointment" Im still trying and my biggest is 32" On walleye gear it breaks my heart and tackle but muskie gear BRING IT ON!! crazy.gif

Muskie fingers- lol, don't be upset you fish for a bait fish (a ecosystem will always find it equilibrium)

Ya I know but they taste so much better than a ski. At least they taste better than the ones over 40". wink.gif

The Airport flats was full of ski's again on Sunday night. Caught 3 more on the same bomber. The one particular bomber I was catching them on has been retired to the back of the stick box for a long long time. grin.gif

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• cartway
      Is the Vermilion egg capture complete?
    • Steelhead Chaser
      I hope to be out early next week.  Weather and river level depending.  Will post a report if I make it out.  Boat all ready to go.
    • crappie king 42
      I camp on an island so I don't have to worry about the landings and crowds. Do most of our fishing at night so I never worry about other anglers. If I needed to go to a public landing for opener I would never go. 
    • I fish, therefore I lie
      Here's the State's definition of a public water. Please note the highlighted text.  The Sucker is a Designated Trout Stream. (remember the blasting and improvements made back in the 70's? Those were public dollars that paid for it. )  That said, this isn't license for people to slob up private property, only to gain access to the stream. It might mean walking the shoreline from bluebird landing, or down from the freeway, but the water is open, and fishable,  to the high water mark. Subd. 15.Public waters. (a) "Public waters" means: (1) water basins assigned a shoreland management classification by the commissioner under sections 103F.201 to 103F.221; (2) waters of the state that have been finally determined to be public waters or navigable waters by a court of competent jurisdiction; (3) meandered lakes, excluding lakes that have been legally drained; (4) water basins previously designated by the commissioner for management for a specific purpose such as trout lakes and game lakes pursuant to applicable laws; (5) water basins designated as scientific and natural areas under section 84.033; (6) water basins located within and totally surrounded by publicly owned lands; (7) water basins where the state of Minnesota or the federal government holds title to any of the beds or shores, unless the owner declares that the water is not necessary for the purposes of the public ownership; (8) water basins where there is a publicly owned and controlled access that is intended to provide for public access to the water basin; (9) natural and altered watercourses with a total drainage area greater than two square miles; (10) natural and altered watercourses designated by the commissioner as trout streams; and (11) public waters wetlands, unless the statute expressly states otherwise.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      I used to wait for the sucker run every spring up North in the Tower area. We speared and fished for them for a week or so for smoking and canning. Actually great tasting fish! Kind of bony but otherwise quite good. Also good fried too! The run is just starting here now. Spearing season starts May 1st. Cliff