• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

My wife and I fished Maple Lake for a couple hours Sunday Evening from about 6:30pm till 8:30pm. We trolled Shad Raps in 9.5ft-10ft of water at 3.0-3.5mph near the West end of the lake. Ended up catching 4 Northern's, with the biggest running about 37" and 4 Walleye's, 1-(10") 2-(14") 1-(18").

If you get the chance, it's worth a try trolling Crank's on Maple Lake. The boat traffic was light too, because it was on a Sunday Evening. It would probably be best fishing if you went during mid-week.

Talk to you later.

Sarah is also doing well with 1/8 oz sinkers and plane hook with leach.

I have never fished Sarah, but I would like to try it sometime. Whats the lake bottom look like? Sand, muck, rocky? Gradual Slopes or drop off's? Etc. Where are the fish being caught on the lake?

If you are going over there on a weekend and have room for one more, give me a call on my cell 689-8688.

I really want to get over to GF and go catfishing, but am still waiting for some lower water levels...darn rain!

I'll talk to you later.

I almost went to Sarah today but the darn wind will not let up..........sigh sigh.......Between Rain, high water and wind... We are sucking air..........Sounds good, will give ya a call.

Quote:

Whats the lake bottom look like? Sand, muck, rocky? Gradual Slopes or drop off's? Etc.

All of thee above, Sarah is like everyone says, just a bowl. If you click on this link Sarah Map you'll get a good idea of some of the structure that is on Sarah. I've probably seen just as many fish caught between the docks on that lake as I have in deeper water, especially early in the season.

You'll find a few rocky edges out there, I've had luck just east of the public access, also from the channel that goes into little Sarah and south and also not too far from the resort on the west side. Just depends on the year.

Sarah is a fun lake to fish, you'll get something to bite, usually turns out to be bullhead or hammer handle pike but it is entertainment and you'll even catch a good waldo bite out there too once in a while.

Mike

Lake Union, on the other hand has a ton of structor and drops. It is a pretty tough lake to get to know. Some real deep stuff and lots of breaks and ridges to graph for. Hard to graph for fish out there because of the unreal numbers of Carp. Maple is just like a cake pan. Not a whole lot of anything to hold fish, they can go any where. There are about 6 good fishing spots on Maple and on a good day they are usualy occupied.