Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Voyageur

Bait Shops?

7 posts in this topic

Hello All:

Getting really excited to make another trip to Voyageurs. Pretty sure we will be landing from Crane Lake Ranger Station. Will we pass right by Andersons outfitters on the way there? Looking for the best place to buy bait, etc. We stopped in Orr last year and I was wondering if Andersons would be another good choice?

If we happen to land from the Kabetogama Visitors Center where would be a good stop for bait on the way there?

Thanks Everyone,

-Voyageur

I think the Gateway store is your best bet if you end up using the Kab landing. It's the store accross the street from the walleye statue.

Are you campin on Namakan again?

Hey Farley!

Ok yeah, I remember the Gateway store from a couple a years back - is that right before you turn off 53?

Yeah, we're gonna be on Namakan again. Can anyone tell me where Anderson's is and if its a good bait shop - vs - the shop in Orr?

Thanks.

-Voyageur

Anderson's is on your left, just before getting into Crane Lake, you can't miss it. Maybe a mile or two from Ranger Station? We stay in a cabin across the channel from the Ranger Station and Anderson's is where we get all of our bait. Nice people there.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the shop in Orr and the one on the way to Crane both Anderson's? I thought they owned both spots.

Anderson's in ORR and Anderson's in Crane Lake are two different families. Anderson's in Crane Lake is always stocked with what you need for the area and offer good information on the bite.

If you get up near the Ash River trail, there is a place called "Cold Spring". It is about a 1/4 mile before the Ash River Trail turn off. Owner is the bait wholesaler for the area and the bait is as fresh as it gets.