Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
French Spaniel

Help on Cancer donation

10 posts in this topic

We had a fund raiser in our town for a girl who had cancer. I decided I wanted to help so I donated a day taking three kids fishing in the morning ... then eating anywhere they wanted if we are in the Mankato/Waseca area ... then tubing in the afternoon.

The item brought a good price at the silent auction and now I want them to have a great time. We will be going on June 19th. I live a little far from that area to check on lakes.

Which lakes in that area will have pretty good fishing (most likely panfish) and not be so green that the kids won't want to get into the water.

Any help or scouting would be appreciated. It was a good cause and hopefully I can get three more young boys interested in fishing and boating.

Nice gesture. Good pan fish bites can be had on German or Washington.

This last saturday I spent the morning out on Big Jefferson doing a Take a Kid Fishing for the Isack Walton League and the panfish bite was great for them. The Sunnies are in prime spawn around this area. Lake seems to be clearer than most years. No idea why but usually we cant see bottom off the end of the dock, this year we can see bottom past the dock a good a fifteen feet. Anyway I hope that helps

Clear lake in Waseca has always been good for me with the pannies. Haven't been there lately but in the past I've just driven the boat around till I seen suspended fish on the finder. should be a decent lake for some tubing also.

Thanks for the tips. So are folks catching them in the shallows off the nests or a little deeper. I think we can run into some sunnies but I don't think they will be too thrilled to hit the green slime. Thanks again, FS

You can expect to find most of the fish hugging weed lines or suspending off main lake humps or transitions.

Is Clear Lake really as bad as 99ranger describes in a recent post? That was my planned destination for taking the kids fishing and tubing for the Cancer fund raiser. I drove by today (didn't examine the lake). Saw a ton of boats and no floating vegetation. Like I said I want these kids to have a good time and not come out of the lake looking like the swamp thing.

We live over in the Kasson area. Clear Lake is a shortest trip on the west lakes. So if anybody has a very recent trip to a Lake in the area (Faribalt, Mankato, Waseca) please give a hint. Also, directions off of Hwy -14. Thanks!

I would stay away from Clear and focus my efforts on Frances, Tetonka, Madison, Jefferson, German or Washington.

If your trying to stay away from the green mess I would also stay awy from Madison. It's pretty nasty this year as well.

Had a great day with the three boys on Bilsby (spelling) caught 25 assorted bullheads, Drum, Carp and one catfish. The one carp was about 3 pounds on an ultra-light. Took him about 4 or 5 min. to get it in. That was a lot of fun.

Then I didn't have to worry about making waves with the boat for tubing. The wind was strong and actually worked well for tubing.

The lake was not green at all. Just a few little specks of stuff. The Lake is by Cannon Falls. [image]http://[/image]