Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
minnesotatuff

6-9-07

2 posts in this topic

its just past 10 as im watching the boats come into hunterspoint on their cam. im smoking a cigar before i clean fish. got on the water about half past noon. at 3 i missed the 4th keeper and it took until 6 to get it. what a fun day! i got (2)27's, a 24 to 25, a 22 to 23, a 21 to 22, the four keepers and 2 little ones. i put in at eddys and fished near spirit island. the first two keepers came on silver hammered spinner w/green nightcrawler. the second two came on jumbo leeches, red hook & chartreuse bead. the leader started out almost 12'. by the time i had to re-tie, it was down to 6 or 7'. i lost a few from broken leaders...might go back to 6# fireline. i was using 6# gamagatsu copolymer. they were in about 21' to 18' just off transitions. this is one of the two best times of the year. hope you can enjoy it. good luck to all!

regards,

minnesotatuff

I was out there also. We fished the northeast side. On the way up we were wondering why the south side was so packed, realized why once we got up there and saw the size of the waves. Fished 7am-3pm. Me and my dad only managed 2 keepers and a half dozen in the protected slot and 2 real small ones. We were working the mud off of 2 mile reef.