Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishingbuddy

X67 Trolling Motor Issues

7 posts in this topic

I installed an Low 67 on my boat. I put the transducer on the trooling motor head. When I turn on the motor with my foot control i get interferance on the screen. Clears up when i turn off the motor. I checked the Lowrance web site and hooked everything up right. The only thing i have not done is put a piece of rubber between the transducer and motor head.. Has anyone had to do this?

thanks

(Contact Us Please)

I've got a setup just like yours but have had no trouble. I've heard of people having this problem if they pull power from the TM batteries. If that's the case try pulling power from the cranking battery instead.

I have a x67 on the bow and its hooked to the tm battery. I have had no issues with it to date. My trolling motor has the transducer in the unit.

Not having the rubber stopper may cause some electronic interference from the motor. Try using the strip of rubber and if it doesn't help contact lowrance.

Yes that is what i figured I would have to do. I ran the wires right from the cranking battery. I did put them with the bundle all the way and am wondering if that would cause it. Thanks for the tips

I have read on other forums that there are issues with some Garmin units but not Lowrance units. The fix for the Garmin units is to run a negative cable from your cranking battery to your negative on the trolling motor battery. You could try this and see if it clears up.

Just an FYI - if anyone is using a Minn Kota Universal Sonar 2... DO NOT run the jumper wire between the battery banks. It will result in a dead short and show up by heating up the metal connectors of the transducer cables. However, it is a valid part of chasing interference with US1 or with an external transducer.

Also, it is definitely recommended for the trolling motor batteries to be just for the trolling motor. All accessories (including sonars) should be run to the crank battery. Wires should always be run on opposite sides of the boat, when applicable. Depending on the motor, there may be an internal grounding situation that a MK Authorized Service Center could perform to help out.

Interference is quirky. It shows up on some rigs and not on others. It is a chase process.