Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vister

6/1-6/4 fishing!!

2 posts in this topic

Wow, what beautiful weather we had for camping. Stayed on dryweed island. Wasn't typical walleye weather, however it didn't matter! The eyes were biting. 5-8 fow, on rainbows. Only managed two eaters the entire weekend. Many 20-24 inchers. a few 25's and 26's, the biggest being a thick 28 incher! Couldn't believe the fishing, on glass calm water to top it off, and not a cloud in the sky. What a fishery. Only one smally and a handfull of small pike though confused.gif Thanks for all of the advice guys, it is very much appreciated. It was also nice meeting tearing lips at the rainy lake one stop and chatting with him for a bit. I could've talked to him/you for hours it was such good fishing, but the 4 hour drive was due. Also thanks to rainy lake one stop for hooking me up with a brand new prop shocked.gifshocked.gif. Those dang reefs, watch out for them or else they'll send the adrenaline through ya like a bullet!! Wel'll be back in the fall for sure laugh.gif

Hey Vister,

Congrats on your success! I think I saw you guys on Dryweed. Nice big fish too! Tough to complain when your catching lots of slots huh. My group had a great day despite the gail force winds. We were able to shake the wind a bit and caught some real nice fish. We'll be out again today, and should be a tad bit easier to stay verticle on these pigs. We lost a 8lb plus at the boat yesterday. We had been fishing for no more than 5 minutes, and I was positioning the boat with the big motor as we were vertical jigging. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed one of our crew was discretely bringing in a hog. I quickly turned to grab the net, and he snapped it off. Were catching fish from 12 f.o.w. to 50 f.o.w. Glad to see the winds reside a bit. Good Fishing!