Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishingman93

fishing prior for walleyes.

6 posts in this topic

i've never fished prior for walleyes and i was wondering what depth are the walleyes sittin at in the evening such as 7:00 to 10:00.

fishingman,

I haven't been out for them since memorial day, but we found them 14-18 fow. Did pretty well with numbers but only 1 over 13 inches. Was using jigs and minnows. I'll be out this weekend and let you know what I find.

Saw 3 nice walleyes get pulled up in 6-8ft of water earlier this week between 8pm & 9:30pm. Jigging in the weeds.

What is best: morning or evening for fishing for 'eyes on Prior?

I had no luck with Walleyes on Prior this year, but in the past I had the best luck in the evenings, from dusk to dark, jigging in the weeds (5-10 fow) near deep water.

Any isues getting a parking spot in the evening? That place really fills up. I've been going mid-week mornings just to avoid the hastle confused.gif