Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FISHON71

Any reports from Stella?

9 posts in this topic

Just wondering if any of you guys have been out on Stella. I usually fish there later in the summer and do pretty good. I wanted to try it today but it was just a little to breezy. So I tried the Crow and caught three little bullheads. Oh well better than working I guess. grin.gif

have not been out there. Welcome to Fishing Minnesota. Great place to get alot of information.

Fished Stella last thurs for league. We did good fishing for bass. Ended up in forth place with 5 lb 15 oz with three fish. Winning weight was 13 lbs weighing in two eyes and three bass. All fish were caught under 10 fow. I had the most luck throwing a storms wiggle wort in the pearch pattern. Fun lake... I personally think I caught about 20 or so bass in that three hour span.

fever, was it a stella/washington tourny, or did you have to stay on stella? If you could go on washington, did most of the bigger fish come out of there? thanks, friendly

what league do you fish in?

Our league is out of Winstead. Originally out of Lester Prairies Port hole bar but that closed and we moved. We fish every thursday on a different lake that is randomly chosen at 3pm that day. We don't alow more than 15 boats so as to not require a tournament permit. As for that night on Stella. Yea we had to stay on the Stella side as Stella was the lake that was drawn. Washington is on the list as well but we have yet to fish it. So far we've hit Jennie, Mary, and Stella. Last week got rescheduled due to poor weather. Wonder what it'll be tonight.... I'm always in a good mood on thursdays because of the league... We've had very stable conditions the last 3-4 days, I think the bite should be good.

smirk.gif

Fever

I was out on Stella today, couldn't find the walleyes but I did find 20 nice sunfish. smile.gif

I was on Belle today and didn't find any walleye either. Where did they go and what do they want? I've all but emptied the tacklebox the past few times out with not much success. frown.gif

There were 8-10 other boats out this morning with me and most of them left the lake before I did, so there isn't much happening it appears.

Dan,

I fished Belle for a couple hours yesterday morning and it was pretty quiet too. A storm rolled through about 5 am, so that miight have durned the fishing off to start the day. No walleyes so we tried to give the bass a try. Only caught a couple little ones near some docks. Still learning the lake a bit, but where is a good spot for the bass to hang out? There's really not a lot of good weeds or weed edges on that lake. Is the north end decent or does it warm up too fast and the bass hang deeper?

A couple weeks ago the walleyes were fairly active one evening.

Thanks, Coach Dog