• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Question about fishing Door County, Wisconsin

I'd like to try fishing near shore on the bay side of Door county this July. I've never been there. A quick look at hotel rates shows that it's pretty expensive to stay there in July.

Is there a more economical approach to doing this? The area I'm interested in is about half way from Green Bay to the tip of the peninsula.

Thanks.

I think the further south you stay on the penisula the cheaper the rates. But you're right, it's still spendy out that way. You're paying Chicago vacation rates, that area is crawling with Chicagans spending dough on the weekends.

Thanks. I may have to see if there are some campgrounds. $175 a night is more that I'm willing to pay for a hotel. Either that or forget it.

There are some campgrounds up there. I go up with a group at the begining of August and we camp up near Ellison Bay. I can't remember the name of the place where we stay but reply to this post and put your email in it and I will get the info from my Buddy for you.

Heck for that rate you could get a Charter and Hotel in Algoma, go south my man. Check the chamber of commerce sites for campgrounds and hotels. I'll be in Algoma mid July, hotel rate of $55 per night. I'll spend the rest on gas for the boat. frown.gif