• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Quote:

CK,

What are you doing on Tuesday night. We could try Lard. I lost your #.

Dale

Your such a tease Dale!

No call???????

I stayed home and painted jigs so it was no loss.

I called you around 5:00 last night but got no answer. I thought that you must have gone out already. I hit Nord with the kids instead.

CK, have you ever heard of 10 Lake? All I know is it is in that area and was trying to find it. Fished it once when I was Very young and wanted to find it again.

I grew up on the NE corner of section 10 or lake Wladermeroff .Spelling is off but so what.

You can get on CR #17 from hwy 47 ,3 miles n. of Glen or 6 miles s. of Aitkin.Half way between the 2 ways on 17 is a creek under the road.It's the olny one ,it's the Sissabagamah creek. The dirt road 100 yards to the east that heads south is the road that splits 10 & 12. Get past the dancehall & you'll see the acess on your right or west side to 10.The access to 12 is on the left or west side right across from each other.

Did you see these?

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1111820&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Yogi,

I live on 12 lake. 10 lake was hit hard back in the late 90's. The Outdoor News had it as pick of the week for pan fish. It does have some nice bass in it but the pan fish are all small now.

If you are coming up 169 you will take a right on Hwy 47 as you enter Aitkin and go 2.7 miles. Then take a right on county RD 17 or (Red Indian Road) and go 4 miles. You will see the creek that CK is talking about. Take a right after the creek and follow the rest of CKs directions.

Yup,in the 70's&80's we used to drill monster punkin seeds right off of the dock.

The walleyes were great too out aroung the middle reed islands until the creeks plugged up with weeds.

I was there a few times over the years since & it's sad to see how the lake has degraded from the weed growth.

I have so many great memories of fishing & trapping that lake.

I can remember the huge bass too. My mom had shattered many a cane pole on those bucket mouths.

• 2 weeks later...

Rick & I head out to a new lake.We decided to just troll the whole thing knowing there were some decent pike in the.

As usual we have the standard deal with the biggest pike & bass each worth a buck.

Well 10 minutes into the day I tag this brusier.

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h209/palisade1kid/?action=view&current=Picture092.jpg

Picture092.jpg

Here's some of the battle..

th_2d16019e.jpg

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h209/palisade1kid/?action=view&current=2d16019e.flv

After 8 hours on the water and several smaller bass Rick drills this big guy for the other buck.

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h209/palisade1kid/?action=view&current=Picture090.jpg

Picture090.jpg

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h209/palisade1kid/?action=view&current=bdbfa64c.flv

th_bdbfa64c.jpg

We both had a day in the sun yesterday & today was just plain ole punishment on our sunburns.

We learned the lake pretty good and I know we will go back at some time or another.

We worked 6" shads,buzz baits,scumfrogs and spinnerbaits.

I'm looking forward to going back to work & healing up.

18 hours of fishing in 2 days.

I feel like I got some fishing in & I'll say that Grandt 6'6" M.L. rod handled that pike with ease.

It looks like some more 90 degree days this week. Man do I love A/C!

Here's the other one that stood all day as the biggest until his last one.

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h209/palisade1kid/?action=view&current=Picture097.jpg

Picture097.jpg

Are there any good campgrounds on Lard Lake for tenting? Preferably with a nice beach too so the kids can swim during the day. I'd like to hook into a few of those bruiser doggies.

There are a few campgrounds around but the beaches are iffy. There are a ton of lakes to fish & some have good beaches or swimming areas.

I drilled 30 walleyes tonight.Most of them were just stockers and went back.Check out this guy.

He had me baffled as too what he was.

th_a7598f3a.jpg

sunset was just gorgous!

Picture102.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

NEWS FLASH

lard lake has been fished out. some guy that goes by the name CK, has depleted the system.

more later, when turn over restocks the system.

news is turn over will happen in late september, if CK lets this happen. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Hit Lard last night from about 8:00 until 12:30. I think you are right the lake has slowed down. Four eyes, one purch and the biggest bullhead that I have ever seen. I called CK but he was MIA. confused.gif

Me thinks there is an imposter....I saw another CK on a different website...If there are 2 of them it seems to reason why Lard is fished out. Either that or he is at Leech looking for that female being towed behind the boat on a tube wearing only her lifejacket.

Quote:

Hit Lard last night from about 8:00 until 12:30. I think you are right the lake has slowed down. Four eyes, one purch and the biggest bullhead that I have ever seen. I called CK but he was MIA.
confused.gif

Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!! crazy.gifconfused.gif

Maybe we could hook up & I'll show you how we catch them. wink.gif

Once it gets dark the bite does slow down.

6-10 is the peak for the bite.

Oh,I was MIA at BIR

BIR07069.jpg

I been following this post....I know that. If somebody fishes out Lard Lake, they are one heck of a fisherperson.

I just answered my own question from another post...

CK,

One of the best pics from ya yet grin.gif.

You are sure one hard duck to follow.

*First the posting issues, you struck me as one type of person.

*The religion chat deep talk last week, struck me as a totally different person.

*Now Drag racing and Hot girls.

Now, you have fallen back into the cool category.

I did not make it up to Nationals this year (first year in last three). My crowd of buddies were in full attendance and my generator was their. It sounded like good times and no really bad weather. Hot Sat. and cool Sun...

Good Times! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Looks like you'll be coming home early this week, ck! I heard about the damage up at BIR, sounds like it's a real mess!

Thanks Shackbash!

Sorry to see you missed the races.Seeing Force and Bernstien battle it out in the finals was so cool.40,000th of a second was the difference,what a race!

th_BIR07099.jpg

In my younger days I was on the corner saying "have you heard the word"?I've mellowed some in that respect,but I have the belief in me.

Making posts makes me a target,I get that.

You can not make everyone happy all of the time.

I am into getting others out doing what I love to do,but getting there is the struggle.

I've got sponsers and I do not advertise them here,however making fishing posts has taken me to a place of exposure which is what my sponser want.

Getting into fights is not what they nor I want ,but getting slammed long enough & I fight back. I should just ignor the nay sayers and let the mods handle it .

I even took a slap for that last week by a poster.So be it,I'm not holding grudges.

Let's go fishing!

I'll be out again tonight after my 1 day recoupment from this weekend.I think I've missed 10 days of fishing in the last 60 days and 5 of them was because of racing.

Here's a taste of the Zoo for ya. It was earlier in the evening so the animals were not all out in full force.

th_BIR07168.jpg

I know I can't get the smell of nitro into the post but here goes the vid from a tune session.

th_BIR07177.jpg

So now that we've been all over the gammet from fishing to the drags we can get back to fishing.

Hitting the lake for some eyes tonight ,goose hunting season is almost here.

I have the rest of the week off so I plan on Friday night. I need to stop by Justs and pick up a new light for the back of the boat. I had the tall one on there but broke it off the other night when we got back from Lard. I will give you a call and you can pick the Lake.

• 2 years later...

This is a great thread and I appreciate everyone's opinions even when I disagree with them. The truth is that these lakes and their resources are not owned by the cabin owners. They are all of ours to share and it is everyones responsibility to not overfish them. I appreciate people sharing lakes and techniques they use and it does not mean everyone is going to have the same luck/skills at catching the fish. people need to remember that you can come fish any lake you please and talk about any lake you please so Keith keep up the good work and the same with everyone else on here. Come on down to Minnetonka or I can show you some other great spots to fish, they are open to all. I hope to hsee you all out on Lard Lake soon!!! Great thread...

Chris