• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2001 truck box

Pikemaster101

Question

I live in the metro area and have a 2001 Chevy Pick up. Over the last few years it has been getting rust around the back fenders. Now firts of all I am not sure why a truck this new would have rust already because it is always parked in doors and i always try to keep it clean. Well any way i would like to get a new box if i could where would be a good place to start looking for one?????

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Look at some of the truck places that swap out boxes for service bodies, flatbeds, and van bodies. That would be a good place to look I don't know of them in the cities I know of a few where I am at. Chances are the color wouldn't be right and you would need to look at repainting and that is not cheap especially the whole box.

Also check your warranty ...most manufacturers have some coverage for rust-through depending on the cause.

If warranty does not cover it check repainting it first, new boxes prices are from $ 900 to $ 1600 and maybe up more