• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Quote:

Any one fishing the river west of the Pillager Dam? Going up next week.

It's hit and miss... Lots of "Out of No where" Shallow sand bars and dead heads... So don't go just blasting through until you kind of get the lay of the land etc..

And beware the landing has a wash out drop off... When the Concrete Runner end, it drops down like 5 feet... I got my axle and tire of my trailer hung up on it last year, and had to take one nasty cold dip... Pinned myself between the dock and the trailer lifing up while my buddy gaffed it!

So when you're backing it up, stop the instant the boat floats, and don't risk it any deeper.

It's best calling feature is the hearty year class of Mid 20's pike... If you're a master at Y-boning there's a meal to be caught in there.