• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Old Fishing Reports!

I had a little better luck than walleyeking. Went out with my dad for a change and I'd say he was happy he went. He started out shcooling me by catching the first 4 fish. A sunny, two upper 20 pike and the first walleye of the night, a healthy 17". He also caught the second walleye of the night, a 23" that was let to swim another day. Weighed her and topped out just above three pounds. Very healthy fish. I caught the next couple of walleyes, a 18 and a 20. I think the 20 almost wieghed more than the 23 it was so fat. Quite a few boats on the water. Temp was 64.

I stunk getting back in. Our main battery died on us and had to rearange the whole boat to get a battery hooked up. We didn't care, we caught fish.

Good Luck to everyone who goes out this weekend.

K Dawg

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• Kyle Sandberg

• walleyeking19

• jigginjim

Here are some pics from last night.

My Dad with the 23

IMG_9174.jpg

Me with a 20

IMG_9176.jpg

And mua again with the 18

IMG_9175.jpg

These walleyes were really pretty and gold in color. Nice walleyes for being 50 miles from the cities.

Here are some pics from last night.

Sorry about the size. Couldn't get them smaller.

My Dad with the 23

[image]IMG_9174.jpg[/image]

Me with a 20

IMG_9176.jpg

Another healthy walleye

IMG_9175.jpg

These walleyes were really pretty and gold in color. Nice walleyes for being 50 miles from the cities.

K-Dawg I had been fishing Buffalo for the hospital tourney. Only had 1 good bite with my wife that morning.

Fished the Mississippi R. Saturday caught 7 different species had a great time. Fished with twin 14yo girls and thier dad. Had a great time, we used up a whole scoop of fatheads in 4 hours.

Kyle

Doesn't look like Ed had a good time, how about a smile. nice fish

Mark

I am going out fishing for some Walleye's or Crappie's on Friday with some friends from out of town and would appreciate any advice regarding which lakes seem to be producing the most fish. We would like to stay around the Buffalo and Maple Lake area.

Thanks

Sport800

If you don't know pulaski, don't fish it. You can give buffalo a try. Very fishable lake wiht both species. There are also several smaller lakes that have species in them if your willing to work for them. CLearwater, in Annandale though, had nice fish as well a Pleasant around that same area.

Fished Pleasant last Sat. morning 6-10am. Found the crappies in 26 FOW. Only caught a few. Walleyes-0

lindy rigged with a fathead. The spot I found them I didn't get to until around 9:30. Once I found them, the wind picked up alittle and they quit biting. I was still marking them on the locator though. So I still am guessing if I went there first would I have caught more earlier? Its always a game of too late or too soon. Good Luck.

I was out yesterday evening from 4-7 on a small west metro lake, and picked up eight bass, with an average of 2.5 pounds each. All were shallow. Surface temps ranged from 62-64. The fall bite is right around the corner. laugh.gif

There are three landings on the lake. One in the northwest corner ( DNR access), one on the northeast side of the lake (city) and one on the south side (city?). The one in the nw corner is the best and the one on the south side is ok. The other one is just way to shallow.

Let us know how you do if you go out.

I've always tried to get out there, but never have for some reason or another. Can you pick up those fall eyes trolling cranks at night?

I really haven't target Buffalo this year. I might be giving it a try later this week. I've never trolled at night but it's worth a shot. I think a lot of guys live rig or jig. Good luck if you go out.

Recently did the north fork of the crow, had 3 15 inch walleyes, several carp running 8-10 lbs, smallies, silver redhorse, a crappie, some pike (1 was 25 inches), and a 10 lb channel cat, most taken on worms on the bottom, a few on mepps and spoons.

gotta love the north fork

Hey thinking about fishing clearwater for bass on saturday. Anybody been out or have any info on whats been working or how the bite has been?

Thanks

I would recommend sticking to the small murky lakes for bass right now. I picked up 17 fish this evening, with two large four pound fish. Most are up shallow around any cover you can find. Water temps were upper 50's. Good luck!

Any lakes in Particular you think would be good?...Maybe cedar or Francis..Not asking to give away any spots or anything just some info would be good

Thanks

Eaters 15-17" - Fished alot of structure--- only seemed to mark the fish on the inside corners. I'll be out there tomorrow.

I couldn't get any walleyes to bite on the 18th and 19th and 20th on Cedar. I tried a few hours each day with jigs and minnows, then switched my attention to Bass. I was in a small blue alumicraft. There wasn't much action out there as far as fisherman. I ended up catching more than I could keep track of and the largest was around 17 inches. A lot of fish in the 12 to 15 inch range though. It was a ton of fun. I had success on top water, cranks, and jig n plastic presentations. The larger fish hit the jigs and the smaller fish were attacking the cranks. It would have been a beautiful day for a tourney on the 20th. I lost one of my favorite jigs near a dock... PIKE.... frown.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Got out to a small lake south of Annandale on Sunday, had a great day (especially after I stopped listening to the Vikings game). Probably caught 15-20 bass including 8 fish 16 inches or better, the best being 20.5. Also caught 3 nice bonus northerns. The weather was great with low winds and a little bit of sunshine. I caught all of my fish using a 1/8 ounce tube, fished real slow. Bites were real light but the fights were great! Met 2 guys at the landing who got skunked, not sure what they were doing. Might be my last trip on soft water...we'll see.

The fall crappie bite has continued for the third or fourth week in a row this past weekend, the lead-up to turnover has been a blessing. If you haven't fished your winter crappie locations the past few weeks, you've missed out! Water temps have plummeted just this past week... to 40 degrees and below in larger lakes known for early ice up.